649/365

649/365

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Day 29-- Pokemon Caught:19, Day's left in Challenge: 325


I know, I know, two posts in two days. It’s a record for me! Today I did some major exploring in Castelia City. I always love going into all the buildings in every city and I love seeing what all the people have to say. I find the roads with all the people running around very fun. I love getting in people’s way and seeing how fast they can get around me. But anyways, after walking around as much as I could, I went to the Battle Company and battled my way through each room. Lots of visits to the Pokécenter were required. ^_^ I also found the three dancers, but I haven’t battled all three of them at once yet. I plan on doing that tomorrow.

So, I registered my location on the GTS and I had a thought. I’m really interesting in interacting with other people through my game. I’m not big on battling as I have said before, but I LOVE trading Pokémon and just seeing how other people interact with their Pokémon. So, if you would like to trade with me or I will battle—but I’m not promising anything given that I am not very far into the game—just send me a message and we can trade friend codes. If you email me though, be sure to write that you found me through my blog otherwise I won’t open the email. I get a lot of spam and so I don’t open emails unless I know who they are.

And now, on to why I began typing earlier.

I just caught Victini! And my oh my was that a difficult battle, but not for the reason you might think. When I got to the island, I battled my way through rather easily and went to battle Victini. I have to say though that I did take advantage of the man who offered to heal my Pokémon before I went into the basement. This is something that I have not yet discussed so far, but I rather like the strategic placement of people who can heal my tired Pokémon. It is so much easier than having to walk all the way back to the Pokécenter or having to use all of my Super Potions.

Anyways, back to my story. I quickly entered the battle, excited to see what Victini could do. However, I was so excited, that I forgot to save before I entered the battle. Actually, now that I think of it, I did think about saving, but I naïvely thought that I didn’t need to. The fight itself wasn’t too difficult. Purrlion easily got his HP into the red zone and I was feeling very sure of myself. I threw a Great Ball to start with and was a little shocked when the ball didn’t even move. Almost as soon as I threw it, Victini was out and attacking me. I tried several more times to catch him using various balls. I threw my Ultra Balls. I threw a Heal Ball. I threw a couple Timer Balls. And then I tried numerous Great Balls. Nothing worked.

It was around this time that I decided to look online and see if there was a reason that he wouldn’t stay inside the ball. And I discovered that most of the people who had successfully caught Victini did so by lowering his stats and inflicting status conditions. Unfortunately, at this time, I do not possess a single one of these on my team. I have been so excited to see all the different moves available that all of my status afflicters have been replaced. And so, a little annoyed with myself for not saving before the battle, I decided to just keep at it and hope that maybe I would eventually wear him down. And about seven Great Balls later, I got my wish. Victini is now safely within my PC. I didn’t get a chance to play with him yet though because I had to finish some work for class. But tomorrow I fully intend to see what he can do. Oh and because of the certain luck that allowed me to capture him, Victini shall henceforth be referred to as HUZZZAH!!!   

No comments:

Post a Comment